Belle’s Corners is where U.S. Highway 14, Brick Church Road and Six Corners Road intersect in the town of Walworth.
William Belle’s log cabin faced Highway 14 with its back to Brick Church Road and included his home, store and post office.
Belle came to the county in 1837 from Albany County, N.Y., and first lived at what is now Glenwood Springs. In 1839 he bought 80 acres of prairie and 40 acres of timber and later acquired an additional 80 acres at Belle’s Corners.
The first post office in the area was located in Belle’s log home. He served as postmaster for 14 years.