Blooming Prairie was north of and near the center of Darien township.
The first post office in the town of Darien was established in 1838, on Blooming Prairie.
The area was settled by Christopher Chesebro. The Chesebro Farm Cemetery (aka Blooming Prairie Cemetery) is located on Hwy 89 near School Section road.
Blooming Prairie School District, No. 2, was set off September 21, 1840. The 1889 Blooming Prairie School has been moved to the Walworth County Fairgrounds and in the Spring and Fall of the year, classes are offered at the school to give children an idea of what school was like many years ago.
The school at the Walworth County Fairgrounds will be open from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm. during the County Fair
The area was named by two early settlers who were struck by the beauty of the prairie covered with lady's slippers, shooting stars, and other wild flowers.