Fairfield

FAIRFIELD, P. O., (Maxson's Mill), in town of Bradford, county of Rock, on section 13, town 2 N., of range 15 E. It is 11 miles southeast from county seat, and 50 miles east of south from Madison. Population 100, 12 dwellings, 2 stores, 1 grist mill, and Presbyterian and Baptist denominations. It is on Turtle Creek, 16 miles from Beloit, and on the county line between Rock and Walworth, 9 miles from the state line. The first settler was Joseph Maxson.

From Wisconsin Gazetteer, Containing the Names, Locations, and Advantages, of the Counties, Cities, Villages, Post Offices, and Settlements, Together with a Description of the Lakes, Water Courses, Prairies, and Public Localities, in the State of Wisconsin. by John W. Hunt 1853

View Larger Map